Tuesday, January 3, 2017
Sunday, August 28, 2016
Monday, May 23, 2016
Ok now the undercoating was removed and it was time to adress the dings and dents all over the fenders. Started to sand of some of the color to get a visual view of where the high and low spots where located. Remember this is the very first time I am trying sheet metal dent repair, so be patient with me ;-)
Here we have a pretty smooth low spot that I started out with.
Sunday, May 15, 2016
As the rear fenders was in really good condition and it showed that some previous owner had patched them in some lokation and then sprayed them with a good amount of primer I hesitated to clean the inside of the front fenders, but when I saw that they had only sprayed over the fender to hood rubber bump stops I decided to strip the front fenders aswell.
Damn 24 hours later and the paint hasn´t risen yet, I guess the former owner had putten on a 2K primer, I was a bit dissapointed and decided to take the parts out for a wash to get all the paint stripper off. But wait a minute......
Saturday, May 14, 2016
Friday, April 29, 2016
As I had some problem with the first trailer hitch I got, You can read about it here.
Today I got the time to put in the replacement I got and I did the exact same procedure with same kind of wax with the same procedure of application and this time there was no problem reaching the required 419 Nm. Case closed. Now I am only missing the Boler 13' trailer I have been thinking of, some day ..... some day
Thursday, April 28, 2016
Wednesday, April 27, 2016
Monday, April 18, 2016
Rear tow hook assembly and bumper has been assembled and it´s time to mount the tow hitch threaded ball M24 according to these instructions. The state that if the thread is waxed the M24 size is needed to be mounted with 419 Nm
Some previous owner had tried and replace the lip that lies ontop of the bed wood, I would say that he wasn´t that sucessfull of doing a good looking job. Functional yes but not good looking. The bed side also had some heavy pitting hidden under some bondo, so I decided to replace the whole area from scratch.